- While I believe the Bible contains the inspired Word of God, because I believe the Holy Scriptures (from which the Bible is derived) were inspired. I do NOT believe, however, that the Bible, as we have it today, is inspired … because many errors have been inserted (intentionally, as well as unintentionally) over the years. Consequently, I do NOT believe the Bible versions that are inerrant.
- I believe in the Gospel, but I also believe that the REAL Gospel is much better than the traditional gospel that most people believe. The real Gospel, as I understand it, is NOT about something (or anything) that a person can do to save himself or herself. Rather, it is about something that God has already done to save all of mankind.
- The real Gospel, as I’ve come to believe, is NOT just that some people (the Elect) will be saved, BUT that all people will ultimately be saved … not because of anything they have done, but ONLY because of what Jesus Christ has done.
- Salvation, which is deliverance from everlasting death, is something that God made available for ALL people … but it is only available in Christ. Salvation only became a reality because of who Jesus Christ was, at the time of His death and resurrection, and because ALL people were included in Him.
- Since ALL were included in Christ when He died and when He rose from the dead, ALL died in Him … and ALL will be made alive in him. Ultimately, therefore, ALL people will be saved.
- So, what about Hell?
- While I believe that Heaven exists (because I believe God exists … and Heaven is where God is) … I do NOT believe that Hell exists. I believe that Hell is NOT a Christian idea, BUT a pagan concept, based on pagan philosophy that predated authentic Christianity.
- Having said that, one should NOT confuse the pagan idea of an ever-burning Hell with the Christian belief in a Lake of Fire. I do believe that a Lake of Fire will exist in the future, BUT I don’t believe it will last forever, as many people believe, because it will NOT be for the destruction of unrepentant sinners, BUT for their purification.
⇒ To find out why I hold to any of these unorthodox views, click on the appropriate heading above.